Top Ten Online Shopping Security Tips.
Every year billions of dollars are spent by consumers on line; and as the trend is growing rapidly, shopping security is still the number one factor in which a person may choose not to buy from a website. This is particularly true if you are new to the internet or starting to buy on-line for the first time. Shopping security has always been a touchy subject and is so important that most reliable companies go to a great deal of trouble to protect their customers rights, privacy and security. So can people feel safe when shopping on-line? The answer to this is yes, if shoppers follow simple guidelines. If you are new to the Internet or a regular shopper online, the following guidelines should apply.
1. Make sure you know the exchange rate; if you are not sure of the current rates, find out before you buy an item.
2. Find out the cost of delivery before placing your order and how long the delivery will take. Most shopping sites use couriers to deliver the goods and when delivering overseas can become quite expensive.
3. If you are bidding on E-bay check out the buyers and sellers feedback. This should become standard before you ever place a bid.
4. Always read the FAQ section if you are new to the site.
5. If someone demands cash for a payment, ‘say no‘. Use your credit card to make your payment; this will protect you against fraud. Credit card companies refund accounts where fraudulent activity transpires.
6. Check the buyers contact page. Make sure their postal address is posted on it. If not, don’t deal with them.
7. Don’t be afraid to ask the seller lots of questions, genuine sellers should be very helpful, some online shopping sites have forms where you can see customer feed back.
9. If you are unsure about a site, try doing a search with Google or any of the other search engines. You may find comments posted about the shopping site from other customers.