Buying to let guide - UK Rental Property Management
This is where most developers end up. Once executed, this can prove to be money for old rope. Ok thats a bit pushing the point, but here i can teach you some really useful tips on how to let with very little fuss. The essetial element is to first consider the previous chapters as just as important as the monthly cheque you receive from your tennants. In effect the two are very much releated. So re-read those chapters before you get to this exciting chapter on how to but to let. My 10 Steps to success Ok i'm going to make this very easy by revealing my 10 steps. Follow this and you will succeed, ignore a step and you may struggle. Here goes.
1. Find the right area to buy into and make some appointments with local letting agents normally estate agents will be able to offer help with letting too .
2. Once you've picked their brains to assess the state of the lettings market (and discovered what type of properties are most in demand) you can begin the house hunting game. Get several viewings under your belt to get a feel of the market.
3. Talk to mortgage providers early on in the game to ensure that you find the best deal. If you have a personal financial advisor, they will do this service free of charge, use this free service, it may save you money and time along with our useful free development guide on this site.
4. Once you've found a suitable property put in an offer and be patient. What you might think is a silly offer may prove to be a bargain, remember you can always increase your offer.
5. When your offer on the property is accepted you'll need to get a licensed conveyor or a solicitor to deal with the legal and financial paperwork.
6. This is the step that can seem to go on forever, the survey and searches.You will also need to get it valued. Then you'll be in a position to finalise your mortgage arrangements with your finance lender.
7. Who will property manage ? Once you've been handed the keys you'll need to decide whether you are happy to manage the property yourself or if you want to hand it over to a letting agent.
8. The chances are that the house will need some work doing on it, so it's best to get the workmen in there as soon as possible. You will find our buying to let profit calculator useful at this point.
9. If you're planning to let the property furnished it makes long-term sense to invest in solid/ robust furniture (ideally carboot sales house clearances or local auctions are an ideal way of sourcing good solid furniture without putting costs through the roof).